Upgrades are wonderful additions to our already robust Dictionary and Thesaurus app!
If you've made a purchase of an Upgrade, your purchase may already be installed.
If you are already on a word’s entry, you can see your Upgrades listed, on the white scroll ribbon/banner. The ribbon is located below the main word (which is in the large blue or orange field at the top of the page), but above the definitions or synonyms. This ribbon will slide from right to left to reveal more options about the word you have looked up.
- If your purchase has already been installed, you will see it listed on this white ribbon/banner.
- Tabs will show when we have content in a given tab for the current word you are on. The app will not show tabs that do not have content for the specific word you are viewing.
- For example, the entry for "light" has content on all the tabs so you'll see all the tabs which you'd purchased. But the entry for "dark" doesn't have content on the science tab, so that tab won't be listed (even if you'd purchased that item.)
Here's an example of where you can find the white ribbon, and your upgrades. This is when a device is online, and not using the Offline Dictionary:
Not seeing your upgrade on the white ribbon?
- Using the Offline Dictionary? Upgrades are not available when you are using the Offline Dictionary. Please ensure you've turned the offline dictionary off, and ensure you have a strong cell/mobile network or wifi connection.
- If you are using the Offline Dictionary, you will only see the 'Definitions' and 'Thesaurus' tab:
- If you are not using the Offline Dictionary and you don't see any upgrades on any words (please search several terms - "light" is a good one to check – as again, tabs with upgrades are only show when we have content for that word in that tab) and the upgrade you purchased is not listed on the white Ribbon/Banner, you may need to install/reinstall your in-app purchases.