The Dictionary.com app has both Word of the Day push notifications and Thesaurus.com Synonym of the Day notifications that you can turn on to receive one or both notification types, each day.
Notifications can be enabled or disabled in the app's Settings menu. You will need to give permission to the app to send notifications (in in your device settings) and turn them on in the app
Turn on notifications in the app itself:
- Open the Dictionary.com app
- Tap on the app's Main Menu, then choose "Settings"
- Depending on what notifications you'd like to receive, you can toggle one or both of the Notification types to the ON position.
You can turn on one notification or both of kinds. It's up to you and what kinds of notifications you'd like to receive!
Here is a screenshot showing BOTH the Word of the Day and Synonym of the Day notifications toggled ON (highlighted in a blue box here to orient you to the screen):
And here is how it looks when both notifications are toggled OFF:
Be sure you've allow our app to send notifications, in your Device's App Settings:
- Go to your Device's settings
- Open your Apps menu (sometimes this is "Notifications")
- Tap on the Dictionary.com app icon. There you will see the available options for notifications.
- Turn the Dictionary.com app's Notifications on or off as you like.
- To receive our notifications, this needs to be ON.
- To disable notifications, from our app, turn this OFF.
If you've previously opted into receiving notifications, you can use the device Notification Control in the settings to manage which alerts you choose to receive. Simply go to your Device's settings, Notification Center (or Notifications), and tap on the Dictionary.com icon. There you will see the available options for notifications from the app.
- To receive notifications, be sure to toggle 'Allow Notifications'
- To stop receiving them, toggle this to the off position.
Note: If you are receiving two of the same kind of notification, then it is possible that you have two versions installed: the free version and the Premium version. You will be able to see them both in your Notification center and can turn off notifications you don't want to receive. More: Why am I receiving two Word of the Day Notifications?