In-App Purchases are purchases you make through the Play Store, via your Play Store account. App purchases are not associated or in any way linked to a Dictionary.com user account or our account system.
In-App-Purchases are not accessible by logging in via the "sign in/sign up" link in your app's menu. Instead, they are *solely* linked to your Play Store account. To gain access to any prior purchases, you'll need to login to the Play Store app (the Play Store app, not the Dictionary.com app) with the same Play Store account you used to make the purchase.
How to restore an In-App Purchase:
- Open the Play Store app
- Login to the Play Store with the same Play Store account you used to make an in-app purchase via the Dictionary.com app
- Then, open the Dictionary.com app
- Tap on the dictionary app's main menu- the via the three horizontal lines icon on the top left corner.
- Under this menu, you will find "Upgrade" - tap on "Upgrade"
- At the bottom of the "Upgrade" page, tap on "Restore Purchases."
- By selecting this, you can reinstall any past in-app purchases you have for our account, made under the Play Store User account you are logged into on your device.
You will be able to restore the purchases, provided you are signed in to the same Google Play Store that you previously used to purchase the app or complete the in-app purchase.
- If you are logged into multiple Play Store accounts on your device, please log out of all other Play Store accounts. Please log into only the one under-which you paid for our IAP(s). Then attempt to restore the purchases from the correct Play Store account.
- If you do not have access to the Play Store account under-which the purchase was originally made, you will not be able to restore the purchases. In this case, you will have to make a new purchase in your current Play Store account.
- If you switched from Apple to Android (or vice versa) and your prior purchase is linked to the other system, you cannot move your prior purchase. In this case, will need to make a new purchase under the new app/play store you are now using for your current device.
Restoring in-app purchases vs. our separate Premium app:
- App purchases, and in-app purchases, do not work between our different Dictionary.com apps. Please be sure you downloaded the specific app associated with your purchase.
- If you aren't sure which about what you specifically purchased (either an in-app purchase within our Free app, or a purchase of our separate Premium app) please refer to your Play Store purchase history. Then download the correct app that matches your purchase. We have seen some people who purchased the Premium app, then later download the separate Free app and wonder why they don't see their purchases. Please ensure you download the app you paid for/under!
- App purchases are restorable, when logged into the same Play Store account you used to make the original purchase, provided the purchase or in-app purchase/upgrade is still supported by Dictionary.com. If an app or in-app purchase/upgrade has been discontinued, or support for that offering has been removed, it will not be available to restore or use. Discontinued apps or in-app purchases are not eligible for a refund.
- App Purchases and In-App-Purchases are final sale and cannot be refunded.