The Dictionary.com app now has both Word of the Day push notifications and Thesaurus.com Synonym of the Day notifications!
The Word of the Day and Synonym of the Day push notifications can be enabled or disabled in in your device's under the apps menu, and in the app's Settings menu. You will need to give permission to the app to send notifications and turn them on in the app.
Allow notifications, in your Device's App Settings:
- Go to your Device's settings
- Open your Apps menu (sometimes this is "Notifications")
- Tap on the Dictionary.com app icon. There you will see the available options for notifications.
- Turn the Dictionary.com app's Word of the Day and/or Synonym of the Day Notifications on or off as you like. (you can turn on one, or both, or neither- up to you!)
- To receive our notifications, the toggle(s) needs to be ON.
- To disable notifications, from our app, turn the notifications toggles OFF.
Turn on notifications in the app itself:
- Open the Dictionary.com app
- Tap on the app's Main Menu, then choose "Settings"
- Toggle the "Notifications" to the ON position
- To get Word of the Day Notifications, switch the "Word of the Day Notifications" to ON
- To get Synonym of the Day Notifications, switch the "Synonym of the Day Notifications" to ON
Here is what the Settings tab should look like, when you have both notification types toggle ON (boxed in blue here to orient you on the screen):
- If you aren't receiving notifications we'd recommend a quick uninstall and reinstall of the app. Then follow the full steps listed here to opt in- both in the app & ensure they are switched on in your device settings.
- If you are receiving more than one notification, it is likely because you have more than one Dictionary.com app installed on your mobile device. You can uninstall the one you don't use. More: Why am I receiving two Word of the Day Notifications?